Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Review: Glimpses of Grace: Treasuring the Gospel in Your Home

Glimpses of Grace: Treasuring the Gospel in Your Home Glimpses of Grace: Treasuring the Gospel in Your Home by Gloria Furman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you are a Christian homemaker just trying to live a gospel-centered life as best you can, this book is for you! I picked up this little book on a whim and then forgot I had it. After enjoying Mrs. Furman's essays in Mom Enough: The Fearless Mother's Heart and Hope, I was delighted to find it buried in my Kindle. I determined to read it immediately and I'm so glad I did. This book spoke to me, the exact stage of life I'm in, and the current battles in my walk with God. I was impressed and blessed by the tremendous amount of scripture infused in this book. Mrs. Furman really does present the Gospel in it's purest form - Gospel meaning "good news" - and how to apply it to homemaking. Although some of the illustrations were a little difficult for me to connect, I appreciated her honesty and transparency. Beyond the "normal" struggles of being a wife and mother of three young children, Mrs. Furman also deals with her husband's chronic disease, living in a foreign country, sharing her home with her church, etc. with so much grace. Grace being my word for 2017, I found this book encouraging, convicting, and a worthwhile read. I will be returning to it several times in the future I'm sure. Highly recommend!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment