Search This Blog

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Review: Mom Enough: The Fearless Mother's Heart and Hope

Mom Enough: The Fearless Mother's Heart and Hope Mom Enough: The Fearless Mother's Heart and Hope by Tony Reinke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Moms - I cannot recommend this book highly enough! This is really a compilation of a series of mom-related articles written for Desiring God a few years back. When DG decided to retire the series, they put together this book. And praise the Lord for that! Almost every article spoke directly to my heart and my life circumstances right now as a mother. I am currently a mother of very young children, still in the process of building a family; however, I know that the messages contained in these articles are from God and will apply to any/all mothers out there! Even if you are past mothering age and are currently waiting on or loving on grandchildren, this book is a gentle reminder of our vital role as women of God. I went into this book with so many secret battles that I thought were unique to me and had to be kept under lock and key. I was so, SO wrong. God's grace is so much bigger than me or my circumstances, and this book helped rekindle my passion as a mother and reposition my perspective on eternity. I encourage you to read this book, share it, gift it, read it again!

Here were some of my favorite quotes:

“By God’s grace, I can resist the temptation to treat my children as interruptions to my will for my life. Instead, God enables me to treat my children as precious gifts he is using to shape me into his image according to his will for my life.” 

“God always has been, and always will be, God enough. The battle is over, whether or not I believe it, and whether or not I delight in God’s enough-ness.”

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment